Students with an Italian University degree: The BforB Master degree can be accessed by graduates of Laurea Triennale belonging to the L-2 class (Biotecnologia) and previous class 1 (Biotecnologia). It can also be accessed by any student with a Laurea Triennale providing a strong background (at least 60 University credits, CFU) in biotechnology-related subjects, i.e., subjects identified as "core disciplines" for the L-2 class of Laurea Triennale (SSD AGR/01-02-03-04-07-11-12-13-15-16-17-18-19-20; BIO/01-02-03-04-05-06-07-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19; CHIM/01-02-03-04-05-06-08-09-10-11-12; ING-IND/25-26; IUS/01-02-04-14; MED/02-03-04-05-07-09-13-15-42; M-FIL/02-03; SECS-P/06-07; VET/01-02-03-04-05-06-07-08-10). Students with a degree from a non-Italian institution: must possess a Bachelor degree from an accredited college or University comprising exams in the following areas: molecular biology, genetics, microbiology, plant cell biology, biochemistry, chemistry.
Proficiency in English at a B2 level or higher, under to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), is required for admission.
The B2-level requirement will be ascertained by the University Language Centre (SLAM) upon admission as follows:
- By a language certification at or above B2, obtained no more than 3 years earlier. For the list of language certifications recognized by the University please review: https://www.unimi.it/en/study/language-proficiency/placement-tests-and-…. The certification must be uploaded when submitting the online application;
- By the English level achieved during a Bachelor's degree programme through SLAM courses and tests. The certificates must be less than four years old, and will be assessed administratively, without the applicant having to attach any certificates;
- By the entrance test, which will be delivered by the SLAM on 17 May 2021, and on 17 September 2021, only for students who have applied for admission at a later date. All those who fail to submit a valid certificate or do not meet the required proficiency level will be invited to take the test through the admission procedure.
Candidates who do not sit or pass the entrance test will have until 31 December 2021 to obtain and submit one of the recognized certifications to the SLAM.
Students who do not meet the requirement by 31 December will not be admitted to the Master's degree programme and cannot sit further tests.
The personal curriculum of the applicants and the certifications will be evaluated by an Admission Committee composed of the coordinator and at least two lecturers of the Master degree. No interview is foreseen. The applicants will receive communication of their eligibility and will be allowed to enrol in the Master degree program.
Applicants considered eligible by the Admission Committee can enrol in the BforB Master degree under the terms and conditions indicated at https://www.unimi.it/en/education/biotechnology-bioeconomy.
Students who have applied for admission to BforB prior to the conclusion of their bachelor degree (Laurea Triennale) and/or did not present a valid certificate for the knowledge of the English language (B2 level) or did not pass the Placement Test, if possessing the other admission requirements, will be granted the possibility to attend the first term classes. In this case students must present to Segreteria Studenti the bachelor degree and/or the English certification up to December 31st 2021 to receive formal admission to the course. Only after admission students are allowed to enrol and only after enrolment they are allowed to give exams.
Application for admission: from 12/03/2021 to 27/08/2021
Application for matriculation: from 01/04/2021 to 15/01/2022
For open admission Master programmes, students who are admitted to a Master and who already graduated must enrol by 30 September 2021, while students earning their Bachelor's degree by 31 December 2021 who are admitted must enrol by 15 January 2022.
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
The University provides:
- A no tax area for students on track with exams and not on track with exams for one year with ISEE certification until 20.000 €.
- Fees exemption on account of merit, income or disability, or if they meet other specific requirements;
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements;
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad;
The University also provides:
- Part-time study
- Financial aid, refectory service, accommodation,
- Awards and scholarships
Admission, ranking and enrolment
- Registrar office - contacts
- Online information desk InformaStudenti (please register for the first access)
- International students: welcome desk
- Students with disabilities
- Students with SLD
Programme tutoring and contacts