Students with an Italian University degree: The BforB Master degree can be accessed by graduates of Laurea Triennale belonging to the L-2 class (Biotecnologia) and previous class 1 (Biotecnologia). It can also be accessed by any student with a Laurea Triennale providing a strong background in biotechnology-related subjects, specifically at least 35 university credits (CFU) in basic disciplines (mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology) among the following SSD: MAT/01-02-03-04-05-06-07-08-09, FIS/01-02-03-04-05-06-07-08, SECS-S/01-02, AGR/07-16, BIO/04-10-11-12-13-18-19, CHIM/01-02-03-06 and at least 25 CFU in "core disciplines" for the L-2 class of Laurea Triennale, among the following SSD: AGR/01-02-03-04-11-12-13-15-17-18, BIO/01-02-03-07-09-15, CHIM/04-05-08-10-11-12, MED/03-07-42, VET/03-04.
Students with a degree from a non-Italian institution: They must possess a Bachelor degree from an accredited college or University comprising exams in all the following areas: molecular biology, genetics, microbiology, plant cell biology, biochemistry, chemistry.
Proficiency in English at a B2 level or higher, under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), is required for admission.
The B2-level requirement will be ascertained by the University Language Centre (SLAM) upon admission as follows:
- Language certificate at or above B2, obtained no more than three years earlier. For the list of language certificates recognized by the University please review: https://www.unimi.it/en/node/39267/). The certificate must be uploaded when submitting the online application;
- English level achieved during a Bachelor's degree programme through SLAM courses and tests. The test must have been passed within the last four years. It will be assessed administratively, without the applicant having to attach any certificates;
- Placement Test delivered by the University Language Centre (SLAM), which will take place according to the schedule posted to the website: https://www.unimi.it/en/node/39267/
All those who fail to submit a valid certificate or do not meet the required proficiency level will be invited to take the test through the admission procedure.
Candidates who do not sit or pass the placement test will have until 31 December 2022 to obtain and submit a recognized certificate to SLAM.
Students who do not meet the requirement by 31 December will not be admitted to the Master's degree programme and may not sit further tests.
The personal curriculum of the applicants and the certifications will be evaluated by an Admission Committee composed of the coordinator and at least two lecturers of the Master degree. No interview is foreseen. The applicants will receive communication of their eligibility and will be allowed to enroll in the Master degree program. An online self-evaluation test will be provided, allowing the admitted students to identify specific weakness in their knowledge that need to be fulfilled by autonomous study. The teachers are available to give personal advices and bibliographic material.
Applicants considered eligible by the Admission Committee can enroll in the BforB Master degree under the terms and conditions indicated at https://www.unimi.it/en/education/biotechnology-bioeconomy.
Students who have applied for admission to BforB prior to the conclusion of their bachelor degree (Laurea Triennale), if possessing the other admission requirements and a valid English proficiency certificate, will be granted the possibility to attend the first term classes (pre-enrollment). In this case students must present to Segreteria Studenti the bachelor degree up to December 31st 2022 to receive formal admission to the course. Only after admission students are allowed to enroll and only after enrolment they are allowed to give exams.
Application for admission: from 15/03/2022 to 26/08/2022
Application for matriculation: from 01/04/2022 to 16/01/2023
Attachments and documents
For open admission Master programmes, students who are admitted to a Master and who already graduated must enrol by 30 September 2022, while students earning their Bachelor's degree by 31 December 2022 who are admitted must enrol by 16 January 2023.
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
The University provides:
- A no tax area for students on track with exams and not on track with exams for one year with ISEE certification until 20.000 €.
- Fees exemption on account of merit, income or disability, or if they meet other specific requirements;
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements;
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad;
The University also provides:
- Part-time study
- Financial aid, refectory service, accommodation,
- Awards and scholarships
Admission, ranking and enrolment
- Registrar office - contacts
- Online information desk InformaStudenti (please register for the first access)
- International students: welcome desk
- Students with disabilities
- Students with SLD
Programme tutoring and contacts